Outdoor Divine Liturgy
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Beginning Sunday, September 20th the Divine Liturgy will be celebrated outside in front of the cathedral. Sunday’s weather forecast will be in the low 80s and air quality will be moderate.
Service Time Change
8:30 am Orthros
9:00 am Memorial
9:15 am Divine Liturgy
We will continue live-streaming services on Facebook. Join us, as once again we gather to worship, keeping of course social distancing of at least 6 ft apart. I look forward to seeing you.
The following guidelines and regulations, that we must comply with, are for the health and safety of all. Thank you.
- Upon arrival at Saint Sophia, everyone must check in by providing their name and phone number at a welcoming table.
- Face masks are required. (No masks for children under the age of 2 and parental supervision required for children 3-8)
- Anyone who is sick, has been sick or has been around someone who has been sick or who has traveled outside of the state during the past 2 weeks, as well as anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or who have family members who are ill, should stay home.
- Congregants/visitors will be temperature screened, with non-contact (without touching) thermometers upon arrival as we are required to conduct these non-contact temperature checks by the Health Department.
- We must, respectfully, maintain physical, social, distancing of six feet or more between congregants/visitors from different households when standing or seated.
- Saint Sophia will have hand sanitizer available to use upon arrival and throughout your visit.
Thank you and God Bless,
V. Rev. Father John S. Bakas, Dean
Dean Peratsakis, Parish Council President
Orthros: 8:30 am
Memorials: 9:00 am
Divine Liturgy: 9:15 am
On the first and third Sunday of the month, the Divine Liturgy is celebrated in English.
Cathedral Visiting Hours
Monday: – Closed
Tuesday – Friday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
If you wish to visit on a Saturday or Sunday, please call the church office during business hours to schedule your arrival.
If visiting on a Sunday, you are welcome to attend Divine Liturgy
Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Holidays: Holiday Hours may vary