Outdoor Divine Liturgy
Updates: December 24, 2020
The Los Angeles County Health Department has allowed houses of worship to offer faith-based services both indoors and outdoors with mandatory physical distancing and face coverings over both the nose and mouth that must be worn at all times while on site both inside the Cathedral and outside in the parking lot. Divine Liturgy will take place inside the church. Seats will be available inside and outside the cathedral. Only the number of Liturgy attendees that can be accommodated with proper distancing in the marked lines on the pews will be allowed inside the church. MASKS ARE MANDATORY inside and outside the parking lot. No one will be allowed on the Saint Sophia property without a mask. If anyone removes their mask outside of taking the Holy Communion, they will be requested to leave and escorted outside the premises.
Service Time Change
9:00 am Orthros
9:45 am Memorial
10:00 am Divine Liturgy
We will continue live-streaming services on Facebook. Join us, as once again we gather to worship, keeping of course social distancing of at least 6 ft apart. I look forward to seeing you.
The following guidelines and regulations, that we must comply with, are for the health and safety of all. Thank you.
- Upon arrival at Saint Sophia, everyone must check in by providing their name and phone number at a welcoming table.
- Face masks are required. (No masks for children under the age of 2 and parental supervision required for children 3-8)
- Anyone who is sick, has been sick or has been around someone who has been sick or who has traveled outside of the state during the past 2 weeks, as well as anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or who have family members who are ill, should stay home.
- Congregants/visitors will be temperature screened, with non-contact (without touching) thermometers upon arrival as we are required to conduct these non-contact temperature checks by the Health Department.
- We must, respectfully, maintain physical, social, distancing of six feet or more between congregants/visitors from different households when standing or seated.
- Saint Sophia will have hand sanitizer available to use upon arrival and throughout your visit.
Thank you and God Bless,
V. Rev. Father John S. Bakas, Dean
Dean Peratsakis, Parish Council President
Orthros: 8:30 am
Memorials: 9:00 am
Divine Liturgy: 9:15 am
On the first and third Sunday of the month, the Divine Liturgy is celebrated in English.
Cathedral Visiting Hours
Monday: – Closed
Tuesday – Friday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
If you wish to visit on a Saturday or Sunday, please call the church office during business hours to schedule your arrival.
If visiting on a Sunday, you are welcome to attend Divine Liturgy
Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Holidays: Holiday Hours may vary